英会話・英語 アミック Come back vs go back
Come back vs go back
When you come back, you leave and return to here – the place where you are when you speak.
- I need to leave, but I’ll come back in 15 minutes.
- Get out of my house and don’t come back!
- I’m sorry, she isn’t here. But she’s coming back tomorrow.
When you go back, you return there – to the place you were before.
- I’ve had a lovely time, but I should go back home now.
- There are only three more days before our holiday ends and we have to go back.
- Stop stealing or you’ll go back to prison.