6 More Words My Kindle Has Taught Me – 英会話・英語 アミック
Back in July, I praised my Kindle for all the new words it teaches me thanks to its convenient dictionary feature. Although I usually forget the meanings shortly after looking them up, here are six more words I’ve highlighted and ‘learned’ through reading over the past few months:
- Akimbo: standing with your hand on your hip and elbow bent outward.
- Cogent/Cogency: being appealing to reason or the mind.
- Flotsam: the part of a ship’s wreckage and cargo found floating on the water.
- Patina: a green film or crust that appears on the surface of old bronze or copper.
- Regolith: the layer of loose dust, dirt, soil, etc. covering a planet.
- Welkin: the heavens or upper atmosphere.