英会話・英語 アミック - Five uses of ‘get’
Five uses of ‘get’
Buy / obtain
Get can mean buy or obtain.
- I got myself a new phone last weekend.
- I need to get some new clothes.
Get can mean receive.
- I just got a message.
- I got a bike for my birthday!
Get with an adjective can mean become.
- I’m getting annoyed.
- It’s got quite hot in here suddenly.
Get can mean understand.
- I don’t get this joke.
- I don’t often meet people who get this type of movie.
Get can mean arrive.
- I need to get home early so I’m off!
- What time will you get here?